Boxing News 24 Forum

Boxing News 24 Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/index.php)
-   General Boxing Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Green v Briggs (http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=224067)

cedrichw 05-03-2010 08:42 PM

Green v Briggs

Rather then hijack the Choc thread was after peoples thoughts on this one. who will win and when will green announce to take the gloss off chocs fight

rusty nails 05-03-2010 08:51 PM

Re: Green v Briggs

this was done a few weeks ago. it aint happening was the general consensus

cedrichw 05-03-2010 08:51 PM

Originally posted by IBM

I hope Briggsy can make good shape, I'd hate to see him just turn up for a payday. He and Green are both favourites of mine, so I wouldn't want to see an out-of-shape Briggs turn up and get smashed just for the money.

Fingers crossed he means business and gets a good training camp in

Mate from what i understand both will come in in peak condition. whether that is there all time peak who knows but Paul and Danny wont leave anything in the gym

cedrichw 05-03-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty nails (Post 6736404)
this was done a few weeks ago. it aint happening was the general consensus

wait and see i guess rusty my mail is that it is on

andriy 05-03-2010 08:55 PM

post was already done wtf??

like this place isnt just the same bull**** redone over and over zzzzzz.......

the beaver 05-03-2010 09:23 PM

Not interested anymore about this fight as it's mot coming off. Briggsy already confirmed as much a few weeks ago.

stiflers mum 05-03-2010 09:39 PM

Briggs has been inactive for 3 years.he needs a tune up or 2 before jumping in with someone of Greens ability.if not he will be slaughtered.**** with a dry fist.

cedrichw 05-03-2010 09:50 PM

andriy and beaver
I understand where you are comming from as i did see the posts about this before and it is re hashing the same stuff. all I can say is that I have heard that it is a goer probably not much more that can be added that hasn't already been spoken about until it is offically announced until then just wait i guess

COULDHAVEBEEN 05-03-2010 09:54 PM

IF Briggsy did come back and IF Green was his first fight back, it'd be a bloody disgrace IMO!

Stay retired Briggsy.

Even if you do get back in, have a tune-up or two, FFS.

cedrichw 05-03-2010 09:56 PM

andriy and beaver

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

This was my prediction on the 8.4.10 for chocs next fight so even though you may think I am full of **** it may just be on the money

andriy 05-03-2010 10:11 PM

paul was going to try & get this fight, but was unable to get sanctioning.

his comeback is officially off. (for now)

IrnBruMan 05-03-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedrichw (Post 6736407)
Originally posted by IBM

I hope Briggsy can make good shape, I'd hate to see him just turn up for a payday. He and Green are both favourites of mine, so I wouldn't want to see an out-of-shape Briggs turn up and get smashed just for the money.

Fingers crossed he means business and gets a good training camp in

Mate from what i understand both will come in in peak condition. whether that is there all time peak who knows but Paul and Danny wont leave anything in the gym

Good to know Ced, cheers for the info, it should be a blockbuster while it lasts :good

Da_Hurricane_Briggs 05-03-2010 10:33 PM

briggs back in training apparently has fight lined up in august , unsure whether it is green though.

LeonMcS 05-03-2010 11:03 PM

Yeah, been hearing mixed news on this one.

Spoke to Paul after Greens fight with Siaca and he told me he was happily retired and not coming back. A few days later I heard through here he was back in training. Spoke to him last week and hes definitely in training and looking at an Auguat date, as the previous poster mentioned.

If he does come back hope he has the tools physically, have to wait and see.

andriy 05-04-2010 12:24 AM

yeah its been mixed cause its paul.

he wanted the comeback. couldnt get the fight sanctioned, so stayed retired. but.. being him he found a way around & went ahead with a fight.
whether hes stated on and off & even FELT one way or another.. it was still definitely 'for now' whichever way he was looking.

it should be clear that he wont just come back & fight green like some dumbasses keep thinking he will