Boxing News 24 Forum

Boxing News 24 Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/index.php)
-   General Boxing Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What next for Wlad? (http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=231481)

JoeLaTurkey 06-05-2010 02:32 PM

What next for Wlad?

Assuming Wladimir Klitschko gets past David Haye and Alexander Povetkin (which I'm sure he can) where does he go from there?

Vitali's nearing 40 and we still haven't heard any valid talks of a Klitschko vs. Klitschko showdown.

BigBoiBoricua 06-05-2010 02:35 PM

Re: What next for Wlad?

he should give valuev a rematch so the G.O.A.T. can show that the first fight was just a fluck:good

Addie 06-05-2010 02:39 PM

Probably go on to fight another 6'2 Heavyweight who shouldn't even be in the ring with him...and it'll be awfully boring.

timmyjames 06-05-2010 02:41 PM

jab, jab, jab

Addie 06-05-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyjames (Post 6994105)
jab, jab, jab

I appreciate the man's ability but I honestly can't fathom why anyone would watch his fights....honestly. It's dire every time out.

Could you imagine people buying his career set 5-10 years from now? They'll be asking for their money back.

eze 06-05-2010 02:46 PM

I'm sure by that time, there will be someone the public is pushing for him to fight.

mutchie6g 06-05-2010 02:47 PM

They are boring fighters to watch !

timmyjames 06-05-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addie (Post 6994117)
I appreciate the man's ability but I honestly can't fathom why anyone would watch his fights....honestly. It's dire every time out.

Could you imagine people buying his career set 5-10 years from now? They'll be asking for their money back.

i agree, but at the same time, i don't blame him one bit

the HW div is sad, and he really shouldn't be blamed for that

but as for the initial question, I really have no idea what's next out there

Addie 06-05-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyjames (Post 6994138)
i agree, but at the same time, i don't blame him one bit

the HW div is sad, and he really shouldn't be blamed for that

but as for the initial question, I really have no idea what's next out there

Waldimir goes into literally every fight with frightening physical advantages....and we see him jabbing for 9-10 rounds...and you don't hold him accountable for the god awful fights we have to endure time and time again? Come on now, Timmy lad. He should be applying himself more. I'm not saying he has to completely reinvent himself but if you throw a jab, bring the right hand behind it more...mix up your offense for god's sake.

RDJ 06-05-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeLaTurkey (Post 6994063)
Vitali's nearing 40 and we still haven't heard any valid talks of a Klitschko vs. Klitschko showdown.

And you never will.

timmyjames 06-05-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addie (Post 6994144)
Waldimir goes into literally every fight with frightening physical advantages....and we see him jabbing for 9-10 rounds...and you don't hold him accountable for the god awful fights we have to endure time and time again? Come on now, Timmy lad. He should be applying himself more. I'm not saying he has to completely reinvent himself but if you throw a jab, bring the right hand behind it more...mix up your offense for god's sake.

if he was squeaking out SDs, I would be all over him...but he is KOing guys

but yeah, it would be nice to see some fire

Addie 06-05-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyjames (Post 6994161)
if he was squeaking out SDs, I would be all over him...but he is KOing guys

but yeah, it would be nice to see some fire

He's knocking guys out alright, the one's sitting in their chairs at home watching him on TV.

timmyjames 06-05-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addie (Post 6994168)
He's knocking guys out alright, the one's sitting in their chairs at home watching him on TV.

:rofl

very true

CHEF 06-05-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeLaTurkey (Post 6994063)
Assuming Wladimir Klitschko gets past David Haye and Alexander Povetkin (which I'm sure he can) where does he go from there?

and you wont.

vitali will retire after 2-3 more fights and Wlad will go after full unification. He has stated many times that was/is his goal. Once that is done, then maybe 1-2 big fights then Wlad will retire as unified champ:good

prideofvbeach 06-05-2010 03:42 PM

Wlad ought to retire once he's taken out Haye and Povetkin...he can wait until the cows come home, but it won't happen until the Klits leave the game.