Boxing News 24 Forum

Boxing News 24 Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/index.php)
-   Classic Boxing Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   James Scott (http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=2874)

macmac 06-30-2007 06:23 AM

James Scott

James scott former light-heavyweight contender from 70's boxing from prison any news about him ?

robert ungurean 06-30-2007 10:05 AM

Re: James Scott

Curiouse myself. Ive actually been trying to find info on him for a few months but came up with nothing.

la-califa 06-30-2007 12:53 PM

I never heard anything if he's been released from Rahway in N.J.

Titan1 06-30-2007 04:11 PM

I thought I read somewhere he got released, maybe I'm mistaken.

macmac 06-30-2007 07:51 PM

Any 1 have tapes of him fighting.

Renofan 07-01-2007 04:47 PM

I have his fight with Dwight Muhammed Qawi, which incidentally takes place in Rahway Prison.

brownpimp88 07-01-2007 11:37 PM

He has a solid resume for a contender in a great era.

Thread Stealer 07-02-2007 12:21 PM

I think he got released.

Scumbag murderer, I wish Qawi had given him a life-altering beatdown rather than win a relatively uneventful decision.

Sam Dixon 07-02-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
I think he got released.

I remember someone asking me about Scott's release a couple of years ago on a different forum, and through a couple of sources, I found that Scott was said to have been released from prison in Nov of 2004.

Titan1 07-19-2007 04:22 PM

A fight between him and Galindez would have been interesting.

Duodenum 07-19-2007 04:39 PM

Eddie Mustafa Muhammad said on camera that he would be perfectly willing to rematch Scott with his WBA Title on the line. Scott should have jumped at the chance. Instead, he replied something to the effect of, "Well, God bless him, but who I really want is Saad Muhammad, the hypocrite!" The WBC never ranked Scott, although the WBA did at the time Scott chose to forego another chance to defeat Eddie. Shortly after that, the WBA dropped him from their rankings, an he got dropped twice and beaten by Jerry Martin. (The Bull parlayed that win into three LH title shots.)

If Scott had beaten Eddie again, he might have gotten a unification crack at Matt.

JohnThomas1 07-20-2007 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duodenum
Eddie Mustafa Muhammad said on camera that he would be perfectly willing to rematch Scott with his WBA Title on the line. Scott should have jumped at the chance. Instead, he replied something to the effect of, "Well, God bless him, but who I really want is Saad Muhammad, the hypocrite!" The WBC never ranked Scott, although the WBA did at the time Scott chose to forego another chance to defeat Eddie. Shortly after that, the WBA dropped him from their rankings, an he got dropped twice and beaten by Jerry Martin. (The Bull parlayed that win into three LH title shots.)

If Scott had beaten Eddie again, he might have gotten a unification crack at Matt.

Personally, i really don't think Scott was beating Eddie again. Not outside prison anyways. I've read Eddie's account of the fight, held in prison of course, and all it's intangibles. I normally don't chew for long on fighters excuses but this time i actually believe.

Duodenum 07-20-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Personally, i really don't think Scott was beating Eddie again. Not outside prison anyways. I've read Eddie's account of the fight, held in prison of course, and all it's intangibles. I normally don't chew for long on fighters excuses but this time i actually believe.

Watching that match, it was typical of Eddie's defeats, an utterly dismal performance on his part. A rematch between them would have been an interesting attempt at redemption for Eddie, who never boxed the same opponent twice. It would have been refreshing to see him motivated and in condition, as I'm sure he would have been, with all the pressure not to leave his title behind in Rahway, New Jersey.

macmac 08-25-2007 08:20 PM

any chance of you posting the fight with dwight muhamammad quwi on you tube ?

robert ungurean 08-25-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnThomas1

Who is that stunner on your avatar?