Boxing News 24 Forum

Boxing News 24 Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/index.php)
-   Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing (http://www.boxingforum24.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who is the next big star for the big boys in the amateurs? (http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=317598)

Black2023 06-06-2011 05:46 PM

Who is the next big star for the big boys in the amateurs?

Who is the next big star that is dominating things in the amatuers and could go onto be a top pro-

If you look at the past- Say the last 16 years then whoever is the top boy now could well go on to be a dominate fighter in the pros.

Povetkin was the top amatuer super heavy 2001-2004

Solis top heavyweight 2000-2005

Haye second best heavweyight 2000-2001

W. Klit top amatuer super -heavy 1992 -96
V. Klit top amtuer super-heavy 1992-96

kenmore 06-06-2011 11:57 PM

Re: Who is the next big star for the big boys in the amateurs?

Some Russian or Ukrainian mofo will come along soon, I'm sure. Those dudes have conquered boxing's heavyweight division in a serious way.

paddymickey 06-07-2011 06:07 AM

I'd say Ireland have a Potential heavy weight coming up - Joe Ward who is only a teenager still but defeated Kenny Egan (Olympic Silver LW 2008) this year. Still growing!!
ps. looks very suited to the pro ranks already and not so much the scoring system but never the less....

willmc83 06-09-2011 11:52 AM

I logged into this to say Big Joe Ward.. Not surprised that someone got their first, this boy is gonna make some serious moves as a pro heavyweight

Goodhill 06-09-2011 02:12 PM

I watched this Ward kid fight with Egan. Have to say that heīs got heart all right. How tall is he?

His boxing style is a bit like watching Marco Huck. No finesses, just keeps the high guard up and hammers away when itīs his turn to hit.

moorser 06-09-2011 05:28 PM

re: irish boxing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodhill (Post 9874352)
I watched this Ward kid fight with Egan. Have to say that heīs got heart all right. How tall is he?

His boxing style is a bit like watching Marco Huck. No finesses, just keeps the high guard up and hammers away when itīs his turn to hit.

Ward is a very skilfull fighter but didnt show it against egan. he is a two time two weight world youth champion

Goodhill 06-10-2011 01:03 AM

OK, I just watched that one fight from the Tube.
Ward was very at ease in the ring in that peek-a-boo stance he was using against the opponent.

eggboxer 06-14-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodhill (Post 9878928)
OK, I just watched that one fight from the Tube.
Ward was very at ease in the ring in that peek-a-boo stance he was using against the opponent.

here is another fight of ward

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W8BsTCfNLU[/ame]

Goodhill 06-14-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggboxer (Post 9917692)
here is another fight of ward

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Thanks. I agree. Heīs got skill and whatīs best - he seems to enjoy in the ring - changes style and tempo. I like the kid - hope he turns pro.

eggboxer 06-16-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodhill (Post 9919764)
Thanks. I agree. Heīs got skill and whatīs best - he seems to enjoy in the ring - changes style and tempo. I like the kid - hope he turns pro.

yeah he seems to adapt to different styles of fighters and this is always the sign of a very good fighter , think he will go pro after london 2012.

ogii3 06-17-2011 07:12 PM

Watch out for Kubrat Pulev's brother - Tervel, he is in heavyweight division. Very skilled talent. Was second last year at ECH, but this year he will make another big step. He is training with Bulgarian Fredie Roach - Borislav Boyadjiev :) So Be sure that he is a medal contender next year for Olympics :)

Mendoza 06-18-2011 11:49 AM

Dycko might be the next big star at super heavy. I am impressed by the young man;s results.

BK99 06-20-2011 07:57 PM

Michael Conlon should be a great pro. Making serious strides already in his first senior year. Has great skill, fast feet, can switch stance very often. Brilliant prospect!

willmc83 06-23-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodhill (Post 9919764)

Keep an eye out for his grandfather, he'll be providing some entertainment