Boxing News 24 Forum

Boxing News 24 Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hector Lombard is the total package (http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=360881)

Primenal 11-20-2011 12:35 AM

Hector Lombard is the total package

Don't think a lot of people on here watch a lot of Bellator, or it's not discussed much, but man... Is this guy a specimen!
To be that massive, strong, and have such fast/ explosive hands is almost unheard of. What MMA fighter looks like Mike Tyson, is stronger than there opponents, is shorter than there opponents, and yet... Choose to stand back, relax, and counter punch??
Perhaps one of the best MMA fighers in the world at 185... think i'd have a hard time picking anybody in UFC, or SF to beat him at this point. Wish they'd have cross promotions with Bellator and UFC/ SF

afterglow 11-20-2011 12:40 AM

Re: Hector Lombard is the total package

I am a fan of Hector.

But....

Shlemenko got his timing down some and made him wrestle him.

Anderson would spark him in under 4 minutes.

Mamerto 11-20-2011 12:42 AM

Did you watch the Prangley fight??

Lombard had some nice flu when he fought Shlemenko. Anderson would have a VERY VERY tough time trying to spark Lombard, and he wouldn't.

Ai-edy2007 11-20-2011 01:36 AM

anderson silva is far and beyond the days of hector lombard, hector is only good at beating cans in bellator bring him to the ufc and okami, vitor, sonnen will beat him.

Rob_Floyd 11-20-2011 02:13 AM

Lombard is a scary prospect. The guy has unreal power in his hands, and if the stand up isn't going his way, he always has the option to fall back on his excellent grappling. I would absolutely love to see him fighting in the UFC rather than wasting his potential against less than stellar opposition.

I have no doubt that the rematch with Shlemenko will look just like their first fight. Why risk standing with him when you don't have to?

Sardu 11-20-2011 02:23 AM

Would love to see Lombard in the UFC where there are many great matchups for him.

scurlaruntings 11-20-2011 02:31 AM

Lombard needs to step up to the plate. Stop fighting cans in Bellator and get your ass in the UFC.

caleb_forrest_g 11-20-2011 02:47 AM

look up his fight he dosent fight anyone! get him in the UFC and we can see wat hes about

scurlaruntings 11-20-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g (Post 11308957)
look up his fight he dosent fight anyone! get him in the UFC and we can see wat hes about

He'd have to go down to welter to have any success. As he's a relatively small middleweight despite the extra muscularity. And even at 170 he doesn't have a hope in hell of beating the best the UFC has to offer.

Sprawla 11-20-2011 03:45 AM

i seen hector lombard fight jesse taylor on the afc 2 card. He is not a small middle weight, he may be short but is very muscular. He man handled jesse taylor who i think is good enough to fight in the ufc and he would have won the ultimate fighter if he wasnt kicked off. Jesse taylor never got off his back

Ubersteve 11-20-2011 07:16 AM

Lombard has fights out there for him, he doesn't need to sign with the UFC to step it up. A fight with any of Marquadt, Leites or Cote would get my attention. At the moment he's dominant, but not against good comp, if he came to the UFC I'd want to see how he handled a Bisping or a Leben before we talk about Silva.

Ai-edy2007 11-20-2011 04:20 PM

He looks like he's on HGH.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]