Boxing News 24 Forum

Boxing News 24 Forum (http://www.boxingforum24.com/index.php)
-   Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing (http://www.boxingforum24.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Best time to take Protein Shakes (http://www.boxingforum24.com/showthread.php?t=440546)

FIN 11-01-2012 06:14 PM

Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
When is the best time to take a protein shake,before a workout?,after a workout?,Should I have my dinner after a workout around 6 in the evening and then take a protein shake around 8?

Jdsm 11-02-2012 03:54 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Stop overthinking it. There is a constant overlap of nutrient absorption which pretty much renders any micromanaging of protein shake consumption based on it's absorption speed pointless.

FIN 11-02-2012 07:44 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsm (Post 14118281)
Stop overthinking it. There is a constant overlap of nutrient absorption which pretty much renders any micromanaging of protein shake consumption based on it's absorption speed pointless.

So in other words?

billy boy balbo 11-02-2012 08:01 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
meh,take them when you want, i chug one about 40 minutes preworkout (just mixed with oats,water,banana as i cant eat so early) and one immediatly after with 5g creatine and water.

Jdsm 11-02-2012 08:44 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FIN (Post 14118906)
So in other words?

It doesn't matter.

dealt_with 11-02-2012 08:45 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FIN (Post 14118906)
So in other words?

It makes no difference. Unless you're already on a severely calorie restricted diet.

cambay411 11-02-2012 09:21 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Within 30 min after your workout. You can also take it 30 min or so preworkout but it may make you bloated and give you cramps.


If your trying to cut wieght its the exact opposite, wait at least 30 min after your workout.

Jdsm 11-02-2012 09:23 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cambay411 (Post 14119287)
Within 30 min after your workout. You can also take it 30 min or so preworkout but it may make you bloated and give you cramps.


If your trying to cut wieght its the exact opposite, wait at least 30 min after your workout.

Can you provide some reasoning as to why you are perpetuating this misinformation?

AliShuffle 11-02-2012 09:33 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
I know nothing about protein shakes etc.

Are these recovery shakes worth buying? Do they stop the aches in the morning?

Jdsm 11-02-2012 09:38 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AliShuffle (Post 14119336)
I know nothing about protein shakes etc.

Are these recovery shakes worth buying? Do they stop the aches in the morning?

Worry about your diet as a whole first. By that I mean, determine your protein/carb/fat requirements.

The reason most people fail or make **** progress is because they worry about the things that make nooooo ****ing measurable difference like running to the changing room after their last set of squat rack curls to down a protein shake.

cambay411 11-02-2012 09:39 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsm (Post 14119294)
Can you provide some reasoning as to why you are perpetuating this misinformation?



I guess I can try to find links, but the reasoning as far as i undertand is within 30 min after a workout is when your muscles are broke down and need the protien the most.

cambay411 11-02-2012 09:41 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Jdsm 11-02-2012 09:43 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cambay411 (Post 14119365)
I guess I can try to find links, but the reasoning as far as i undertand is within 30 min after a workout is when your muscles are broke down and need the protien the most.

Providing you are eating enough food, it doesn't matter. There is a constant overlap of nutrient absorption through the day. Google for "Alan Aragon Pre/Post Workout Nutrition".

AliShuffle 11-02-2012 09:44 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsm (Post 14119359)
Worry about your diet as a whole first. By that I mean, determine your protein/carb/fat requirements.

The reason most people fail or make **** progress is because they worry about the things that make nooooo ****ing measurable difference like running to the changing room after their last set of squat rack curls to down a protein shake.

Yeah that's a good point.

I don't use anything at the moment, but wa wondering if they did genuinly make a difference.

Obviously nothing can replace good food.

cambay411 11-02-2012 09:49 AM

Re: Best time to take Protein Shakes
 
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]



A couple more


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015