View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #10539
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I think Jeffries vs Quigley is off.

If it was on I'd probably go for Jeffries, Quigley has gone off the rails a bit since the ''loss'' to Smith. If you could guarantee he'd be on that form I'd happily stick 20 on at those odds. For me Jeffries is a bit tight at 168 and to be perfectly honest not that good anyway.

The first guy that didn't just stand there and let Jeffries load up from his bootlaces ended up with a draw, which could have gone either way if we're being honest. Over eight or ten rounds he might have lost to Nathan King too.

All the training in the world won't make him a top class professional fighter, he just doesn't have it.

----------------------------------

Today's football.....

Stoke 9/2
Chelsea 4/5
Draw 11/4

WBA 13/2
Scum 8/13
Draw 16/5

Any thoughts?

I'm tempted to lay both Chelsea and Scum, with a view to backing them later. Did the same with Arsenal yesterday and made a reasonable return.

----------------------------------

Rugby League.....

Wakefield +40.5 vs Warrington @ evens
Hull KR > Bradford @ 7/4
Salford +24.5 vs Wigan @ evens

Those are my three picks. The bookies seem to have those handicaps priced up quite well, I'm erring on the cautious side with both though.

Although Hull have to travel to Bradford I'm not convinced home advantage is anywhere near as important in rugby as it is in football.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top