View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #1041
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

byrd v oquendo (need to note how terrible this video quality is)

1: 10-9 quite an easy round to score as it was mostly fres running away, getting backed into the ropes and getting occassionally tagged.
2: 10-9 another easy round for byrd. fres landed a couple of decent counters but for the most part he was backed up against the ropes being tagged.
3: 10-9 closer round with fres starting to let his hands go more, but he left it a bit too late as he was mostly being backed up by byrd's jab.
4: 9-10 good round for oquendo as he picks up where he left off, seemingly denied a clear kd also.
5: 9-10 round began quite evenly matched but fres's combos took him clearly ahead for the last minute of the round.
6: 10-9 better round by byrd as he tightens up his defence and lands some good clean shots as well as backing up fres.
7: 9-10 oquendo has his timing back and catches byrd with the better shots for me.
8: 9-10 oqunedo goes back to looking s****py with plenty of clinching and headbutts.fres outjabs byrd in this round.
9: 9-10 some good shots landed by oquendo this round who clearly has too much speed for byrd but often fights negatively.
10: 10-9 another terrible s****py round with byrd landing the slight cleaner shots.
11: 10-9 a very close round with both guys landing good shots, I give byrd the edge on ring generalship.
12: 10-9 another close round but the better shots seem to be coming from Byrd's direction.

115-113

note: I can't believe how frustrated I am at Fres in this fight. at times he looked brilliant, outspeeding Byrd and beating him defensively. At other times he looked s****py and amatuerish fighting more like john ruiz then ruiz himself did. Last round could have gone either way so I can see this being a draw also. To reward Fres with a victory for this performance seems a little off to me, but maybe due to degraded video he landed better shots than I could credit him for. Had Fres openend up more I'm convinced he's have swept a wide decision, I can't see Byrd having the power to knock him out. Obviously history shows he went for ruiz instead of a rematch and did get knocked out.
lufcrazy is offline  Top