View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #26
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: MARQUEZ Recent SPARRING Footage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Hopefully the muscle hasn't slowed his speed too much.

And after the third round, it looked like he was getting hit a lot more than he actually was. His upper body movement has improved, perhaps to compensate for his still capable but aging legs.
I think his legs are still there Tazo.......it still got him out of trouble against both Mayweather and Kats.......

Marquez trains at such a high altitude, I have'nt seen him lack stamina and air in his lungs in any of his fights, and that includes his fight with Mayweather.

The upperbody movement he's employed more of is because to make a fight against a Katsidis type caliber more fan friendly, Marquez has got to put himself in position to force Kats to throw shots.
If Marquez fights off the backfoot and is always using movement against a Katsidis type......Kats is'nt skilled enough to force the issue against a boxing Marquez that a fight where Marquez is constantly using more movement becomes a borefest for the viewing audience.
Katsidis would chase, but he would never throw punches.

Marquez choice to stay in front of Kats is what brings about more waist and head movement, but I dont think it has anything to do with Marquez losing his legs.

Marquez could do a Mayweather and pitch a 12-0 borefest against Kats if thats what he wished......but if he did that, he would not have landed the Pacquiao fight would he??????
divac is offline  Top