View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
cangryman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1454
Default Donaire: Marquez a Bit Too Small For 140 or 147

“I think that fight can end around six and eight [rounds] if Pacquiao can land his big shots,” Donaire told ***********.com in an exclusive interview yesterday.*

Donaire, one of the most cerebral fighters in boxing, attributed the prediction to the evolved discrepancy in size between the fighters.

“I know that Pacquiao has a lot of power, and you don’t really want to underestimate the capability of Marquez, but from his power and from this weight class, I think Marquez is a bit too small for 140 [or] 147 [pounds],” Donaire said.

While Pacquiao’s body has grown past 140 pounds, going 5-0 with two knockouts over the last three years in that department, Marquez didn’t fare as well in his lone appearance above 135 pounds, a lopsided unanimous decision loss to Floyd Mayweather in 2009.

“[Marquez] was good and that probably his biggest weight would be 135, but being at 140 [or] 147 is just too small for a full-grown guy like Pacquiao, who’s now full-grown at 140 [or] 147,” Donaire added.* “Like I said, Marquez always has an ace in his pocket, [and] you never know how a fight goes, but from my perspective, I think he’s just too small for that weight class.”

The rest of the interview with Donaire covers a variety of topics, from his upcoming fight against Omar Narvaez to a future road that could include Jorge Arce, Toshiaki Nishioka, and Yuriorkis Gamboa.* Check out ***********.com later this weekend to read it in its entirety.
cangryman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links