View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #46
GJM
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 295
Default Re: Americans: Your opinion of Kell Brook?

The reality is Brook's coming along just fine, but still has a bit to proove...
He's proven himself against the journeymen, domestic and european level of competition and never looked in any trouble. He's now beaten a couple of 'gatekeepers' to world level and again looked comfortable. Next up he needs a few contenders on his record... I'd fancy him to look good against any of those listed above. Mike Jones is HEAVILY overated and Brook has better skills than Karass and Gomez so I'd see wins in all of them. As for Ortiz and Berto - he's not proven enough to get those fights yet, but I think their come forward, easy to hit styles would give him a chance. His punch accuracy and power is very good. Not saying he'd go in as favourite by any means, but he'd have a very decent chance.

People knocking the quality of opposition for Brook I find hard to understand. I'd rather see someone taken through the ranks slowly and be experienced enough when they get their shot, rather than being fed to the wolves when they're not quite ready. And that's Brook... talented enough, but not quite ready yet.
GJM is offline  Top
Sponsored Links