View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #37
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Better Athlete: Pacquaio or Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
i'm not actually wrong. my point is elite boxing athletes could do 6:00 mins a mile. so if floyd can do it in 5 then i'm still correct. also please note that you can actually sustain a faster pace in a shorter distance. so if pacquiao can do a sustained 6:00/mile pace for 3 miles, then i had no doubt that he could also do 5 in a mile.

i searched and got to a running forum where a guy knows pac's pacemate brian livingston and said that pac can do a 6mins/mile pace on times that he feels like it and note that it is for the whole 3 miles or maybe even more.

Brian's my teammate, he actually just got back from Philippines about 3 weeks ago....pretty much spot on, all these stories about pacquiao seem to just get blindly handed from one "mainstream" sportswriter to the next....albeit with zero fact (or reality) checking. Brian did say that manny likes to finish with a little 200-300m kick at the end of his runs, but these runs are 20-25min tops on most days, and usually start close to 8min pace, and finish not much faster than 7flat on a good day. that said, he says there have been the odd occasion where pacman likes to hit 6min pace for the whole run, but that's few and far between.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...4275315&page=1
I agree with you. I didn't say yall were entirely wrong

I know there's a difference between one 5 minute mile and 7 6 minute miles
bballchump11 is online now  Top