View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #31
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Thompson VS Chambers is ...............OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
I don't think Harris would take this fight personally, and the IBF could easily pull a WBA and adjust it's ranking due to activity making Mitchell, Rodriguez, and Welliver within acceptable ranges for this eliminator.

Boystov is the least likely to take this fight. He's the smallest of the "ready to step up crowd" and has trouble with his hands which would fare well for him vs an iron chinned BIG man like Thompson. He's also in no hurry to test those hands either. Watch the Greer fight.

I think Welliver would be the best fight to be made. It would be a winwin for everyone involved. $$$$wise and career wise. A loss to Welliver or vice versa doesnt set either fighter too far back, and a win certainly propels them into top contention(not that Thompson needs the push).

But if a fillin can't be found, I gotta think Thompson should get the next shot. He's not getting younger, and waiting 6-8 weeks for Chambers, then another 12 for Wlad would see him past or near his 41st Bday, giving even less credibility to his challenge.

I agree that Boystov wouldn't take the fight but I'm not so sure about Harris. He doesn't have a lot of big fight options out there and if he pulled off an upset of Thompson then he hits the lottery with a Wlad payday.

The IBF could adjust their rankings but Harris won't get docked for inactivity, Harris stopped Rossy only a month or two ago. By looking at their rankings Welliver and Rodriguez aren't in their top 15 so I'd be surprised if they shot all the way into the top 5 w/o doing anything to warrant it. Mitchell is in the same boat but I don't think he'd take the fight. I think you'd be more likely to see someone like Banks or Meehan get the shot but I guess anything is possible with the sanctioning bodies.

I think if the fight can be rescheduled in a reasonably quick time it will, if not Thompson might just go straight to Wlad. I don't know when Wlad has to face his IBF mandatory and that might play into it.
BOGART is offline  Top
Sponsored Links