View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #32
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 600
Default Re: Thompson VS Chambers is ...............OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumOfTheMonth View Post
This fight was nothing special to begin with. Its quite a shame its canceled because it was a decent fight but thats about it. Both got knocked out by WK and forgotten.

Helenius v Thompson would be an even better replacement. And of course everybody hopes for Helenius to get his shot sooner than later. I doubt he feels ready for Wlad yet.
There is no bigger Helenius fan on this site than me. I've been calling him the heir to the throne since his destruction of Scotty Gammer and Bydenko, and when he destroyed Brewster, my predictions were legitimized.

BUT........why should he risk the title....UNDEFEATED......UNDISPUTED.....HWCOTW just so he can get paid before his 28th Bday. Thats just stupid. Yeah, he's the 3rd best HW right now, but either Klitschko erases that 0 and tarnishes his legacy.

That's a fight I dont want to see. Helenius could be very good for HW boxing should he go on to KO Dimitrenko, several more former champs, then take the WBC from Vitali(after his retirement) the WBA(kiddie belt) then defend it until Wlad reitres, then fight for undisputed.
We haven't had an undefeated undisputed HWC for some time, and avoiding the K2 for 3-5 yrs will NOT tarnish this 17fight pros legacy in the least. I mean there have been many challengers for the title with less experience and a far worse resume, but Helenius has a unique opportunity here as Wlad is turning 36, and Vitali has less than 4 fights left IMO.

Either Thompson gets his rematch with Wlad, or he fights a lesser proven HW in an staged eliminator. How many farcical eliminators has Austin fought in. Well, I wouldn't be disappointed if Seth Mitchell, Welliver, or Rodriguez(who are ALL available) got the eliminator shot.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top