View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #57
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
i am not gained.

hopkins was so good at promoting himself that for a decade his main claim to fame remained the answer to the trivia question of who Roy outclassed using one arm tied behind his back to win his first title.

Eubank has the worst possible style and personality for hopkins who had quite an active punch output and offensive aggression in his prime. Chrissy would bait hopkins without mercy, and catch him coming in all night just like Roy did.

Eubank was talented enough with enough popularity that he could float around for the bulk of his career with minimal training against mostly inferior opponents for big money compared to the peanuts and chicken bones Poppy was scrapping over. Eubank never realized his full potential of talent because he was always going to be more than mere fighter.

Don't think Chris would be much challenged by a little fighter who hit the canvas like clockwork and could be outboxed, outfoxed, and outworked.

at mw eubank takes this.

in answer to your question though benn is the best gauge we have,though overall he is not as good as hopkins he certainly ranks right up there with hopkins,and he was far more dangerous,i certainly rate watson,malinga,benn,rochigianni,wharton etc over keith holmes,antwun echols,robert allen and oscar at mw.
I'm a HUGE Eubank fan but I find it amazing that he is being painted up as a grim reaper, when he failed to match up against so many big names.

No Roy Jones, no James Toney, no Michael Nunn, no Gerald McClellan, no Iran Barkley, no Sambu Kalambay, no Mike McCallum, no Julian Jackson.

Benn at least chased down some real danger men. Eubank played it safe for most of his career and admitted to using the sport for money.

It shows how much hate there is for Hopkins when Chris is being touted as a guy who would have kicked his ass with virtually ZERO foundation to rely on.

SAD AS ****!
TG1 is offline  Top