Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95
Default Re: Boxing and Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsoxo View Post
One, I'm glad you think this is an interesting topic. My team thinks so too. It has been a really cool experience to talk with experienced boxers and look at all the possibilities. =D
Two, the technology limitations is probably why this product has not been created yet (the class project requires creating an entirely new product).

While the circuit board, sensors, and display are relatively light, it's the batteries that might hurt the desired weight the most. The computing power required to record and process the raw data into something meaningful is a lot more than we can design in a light, affordable battery.

My team has a boxer and he did not seem too concerned if there was some extra weight. Is this just one boxer's opinion and others are more sensitive to that factor?

Haha, I think the most frustrating thing about this product is that we know the technology exists to make this glove so that all of these concerns wouldn't matter, but...it isn't cheap. That's a problem when our product is SUPPOSED to be available to the average boxer.
By the way, I hope everyone who takes the survey is answer as if everything works perfectly. The goal is to judge the glove assuming it will perform as we stated it would perform.
then yes, if there only a very small difference in weight then its nothin, but if its example a 16oz glove and with all the wieght it is 20+ oz then i personally would feel uncomfortable with it. Other then that goodjob on the work and looks like your taking it serious. As far as price it goes very simple "You get what you pay for" its obviously not for a newcomer but any above average boxer would get it if its got good reviews and ratings
Juxhin is offline  Top