Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan v Limond

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
Three things you should never believe;

Anyone selling magic beans, Tony Blair and an Amateur Boxing Record
Wow....and the other day I almost bought some magic beans from Tony that would have made me an undefeated amateur

Nice one Ally T.

I know there are exceptions, but generally most of the good pros have excellent amateur records as well. Of course having a good amateur record is no guarantee of becoming a successful pro, but before pro boxing was banned in Cuba, there were plenty of qulality performers

Kid Gavilán, Niño Valdés, Luis Manuel Rodríguez, Benny Paret, José Legra, Mantequilla Nápoles, Douglas Valliant, Florentino Fernández, Ángel Robinson García, Chico Veliz, etc.....

whos to say that legacy would not have continued. I 'd confidently say Guillermo Rigondeaux would beat any world champion up to Featherweight including Marquez with 10-12 pro fight experience. Him with 8oz gloves is truly frightening.

There is nothing to convince me that Khan will have to fight anyone more skilled than Super Mario. Yes he will have tougher fights in terms of harder punchers, fitter athletes, dirtier fighters, but i dont think he will have to face anyone with as much boxing skill.
stake501 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links