Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Izu has spent his entire life in Poland, so that should not come as a surprise. He is a great early prospect. Reminds me a lot of Cunningham, style and physique wise and he's probably stronger than USS. He's a multitalented guy (did kickboxing, actor in a few movies, teaches kids ESL) so much so that I feel all these interests are pulling him away from boxing, which is unfortunate. He has already had a year lay off due to some financial disagreements with his promoter. Wasting any time is criminal for a guy with his potential. I hope he can get a steady number of fights now and develop, perhaps as a fellow future competitor of Masternak.
He has the speed and most defiantly more power than USS....Izu just needs to adapt more of a boxing style tho. When I see him fight, he still kinda boxes like a kickboxer...He needs to use his jab and distance more. I think he needs a better trainer also, Lapin trains way to many Polish fighters, on the last Wojak card he was practically in the ring all the time. He was in the corner for Izu, Wawrzyk, Kolodziej, and Jackiewicz. Thats way to much for for a trainer to handle, especially all in one night. Wojak needs to do something and fund some extra good Polish/foreign trainers...

BTW Kolodziej had a nice clean cut TKO win...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGaD9nrvPO4[/ame]
Honor is offline  Top