View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who deserves the next shot at Jones more: Hendo or Rashad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I say that despite all the bullshit that has gone on between Jones and Evans, it is Henderson who deserves it more and Henderson who would provide a more interesting fight and a better test.

3 of Hendo's last 4 fights have been excellent wins: Babalu (KO), Fedor Emelianenko (KO) and most of all, a brilliant win over top-ranked Shogun Rua (pts). (I rate Babalu much higher than I rate Feijao)

Rashad's last 3 have been a boring points win over a rusty, borderline shot Rampage, a boring points win over borderline top 10 fighter Thiago Silva, and a TKO win over borderline shot non-top 10 ranked late replacement Tito Ortiz.

Jones/Machida winner vs Henderson next please Dana. Let Rashad rematch Rampage or some shit, he's missed his chance and just talking a lot doesn't make you a number 1 contender.
I agree with this almost in its entirety. Hendo has 3 wins this year alone, 2 of which were absolutely amazing and cemented his place as an all time great of the sport. He is supremely dangerous and has a highlight reel that makes him marketable as a legitimate threat to the seemingly untouchable Jones.

Rashad on the other hand hasn't fought anyone in over 18 months who wasn't named Tito Ortiz, and before that hadn't finished anyone since Forrest in 2008.

Hendo should get the shot, Rashad can take out someone else in the top 10 (re-match with Rampage, title elminator with Phil Davis)
Primate is offline  Top