Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #30
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I do not accuse every fighter that gets KOed of having a Glass Jaw and you obviously can't ****ing read if you think that's the case. Bisping doesn't have a Glass Jaw solely based on what Hendo did to him, it's obvious that he has a Glass Jaw because he's hurt every ****ing time he eats a right hand. Dropped by Kang, dropped by Akiyama, dropped by Wanderlei, hurt by Hamill multiple times. He has no Chin. None.

Scott Smith has been KOed plenty of times and while I think his Chin might have finally cracked, I've never accused him of being Glass Jawed because the shots that finished him were brutal and he took plenty before being starched. Chris Leben got blasted out by Anderson in a matter of seconds but it was from a brutal barrage delivered by an ATG puncher, therefore not a Glass Jaw. If I call Glass Jaw it's because the guy is getting buzzed by shots that shouldn't have that serious of an effect or he's being blasted out every ****ing fight.

And you using Fedor as an example of an Iron Chin is ludicrous, as well, because we only saw him hit cleanly twice in his prime, once by Fujita and once by Mirko. I don't think he was a Glass Jawed Fraud but he never proved epic punch resistance on the level of the fighters in my Top 10 Chins list.
Like Chuck Liddell
Popkins is offline  Top