Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
First off, I did not say this was utopia, but relatively speaking this one of the most democratic societies on the planet (eg., twice as many people could vote in Poland than in England). If you knew a little comparative history you'd quickly realize that Poland-Lithuania was one of the most tolerant places in Europe for a number of religions and ethnicities at that particular time.After all, there is a reason why this was one of the most plurar societies in the 18th century, a time especially marked by religious wars and intolerance. Yes, the society was hierarchically structured and the aristocracy had more basic rights, just like anywhere else on the planet at that time. I'm sure the average Ukranian of that time would have chosen above all else to be soverign but under the historical circumstances of the time would opt to live under the Polish Commonwealth rather than under the Czarist boot,which surely would have been its fate but for the Commonwealth's existance.The Russian empire gave you Holomodor, can you claim anything remotely similar given to you by Poland?
1) I know comparative history and would agree that Poland was slightly better than Tsarist Russia but it doesn't validate this deluded fairytale that you've fabricated inside your head. You're trying to claim that one rapist is better than another, ignoring the fact that they're both rapists.

2) Here you are trying to speak down to me, implying my lack of historical knowledge, while talking of Religious wars and intolerance

You mean like those constant uprisings in the first half of the 17th century culminating with the Ukrainian revolution in 1648, a major contributing factor being the Poles vehement refusal to include Kozak representation in the Sejm or to recognize Ukrainians Orthodox faith. After the revolution Koliyivshchyna and Haidamaka uprisings with Poland's intolerance for our Orthodox faith and attempts to destroy it always being front and center.

You could pretty much summarize our existance in your state as being intermittent periods of relative rest followed by inevitable violence due to religious intolerance. The intolerance and violence being the rule, the rest being the exceptions.

You're saying this to somebody who to this day, in 2011, has arguments with family due to the treaty of Brest in 1596. Some of my family are Uniates which was a Polish attempt to try and eliminate our Orthodox faith. It's a bastardized faith which i regard as a abomination, its existance a manifestation of your hatred for our people, culture, and faith. (i'm not Christian i just see Uniate sect for what it is)

Ukrainian did choose.......guess you failed to notice their turing from Poland and towards Russia. Start with the treaty of Pereyaslav and go from there.

Holodomor in 1932 has nothing to do with what we're talking about and shows how desperate you are at trying to make Poland "look good" using your rapist analogies. I'm not going to delve into it but i will say that Kaganovich, Krushchev, Yagoda along with over 70% of the rank and file OGPU members were Jewish.
Vysotsky is offline  Top