Old 11-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #24
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson Silva Likely Sidelined Until Mid-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Read it again, that wasn't the point at all. Silva's camp wants Sonnen to take another bout rather than sit on the sidelines waiting for Anderson's "injury" to heal and I imagine they'd love that match to be Palhares or Maia because he'll be tapped again and they won't have to worry about the cash cow getting pummelled for five rounds again.
I got what you were saying. I'm saying that if Sonnen gets defeated, Silva will more than likely be facing the person that beats Sonnen. I don't think Silva would want to trade Sonnen for Palhares. Palhares just got 2nd place at Abu Dhabi this year, losing on points in the finals after heel hooking his way through 3 opponents.

I wouldn't say that Palhares has a better overall chance than Sonnen. Sonnen is the bigger threat to close the distance repeatedly, and continually take Silva down. However, if Palhares can close the distance and take Silva down, he may only need to do it once. Palhares has a far greater chance of finishing Silva on the mat than Sonnen.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top