Re: El Puma/Warpuma Chronicles
"CrossFit is in large part derived from several simple observations garnered through hanging out with athletes for thirty years and willingness, if not eagerness, to experiment coupled with a total disregard for conventional wisdom. Let me share some of the more formative of these observations:
* Gymnasts learn new sports faster than other athletes.
* Olympic lifters can apply more useful power to more activities than other athletes.
* Powerlifters are stronger than other athletes.
* Sprinters can match the cardiovascular performance of endurance athlete even at extended efforts.
* Endurance athletes are woefully lacking in total physical capacity.
* With high carb diets you either get fat or weak.
* Bodybuilders can't punch, jump, run, or throw like athletes can.
* Segmenting training efforts delivers a segmented capacity.
* Optimizing physical capacity requires training at unsustainable intensities.
* The world's most successful athletes and coaches rely on exercise science the way deer hunters rely on the accordion."