Old 11-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Looking at Lesnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirvtec View Post
I LOL'ed at breakdancing across the ring. But the op does have a good analysis on both fighters. I think reem will be able to avoid brocks take down just because he is just as big. Plus he has good takedown Defense. I see reem controlling the fight and making brock play his game. Like what he did with werdum . But after reading the interview that bas did on him I hope brock smashes his face.
Being big doesn't make a guy with no amateur wrestling background able to defend against a guy with a stellar one. Now, for all we know Overeem has been tightening up that defense a lot by training with the wrestlers at Xtreme Couture but never, ever has he shown stellar takedown defense in the past. He was taken down by plenty of guys at 205, none of them elite wrestlers mind you, and he's been successful at HW thus far because he's been fighting a who's who list of the biggest bums in professional fighting, with the exception of Werdum.

I'm picking Overeem because, as I said earlier, the fight starts standing and Lesnar has no Chin. None. BUT, if Lesnar does manage to evade the opening barrage and plant him I could see Overroid folding like a lawn chair as he has in the past when he's been GnPed.
MetalMandible is offline  Top