View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:44 AM   #1318
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Regarding Thompson's fight with Duran, i dig his performance, but in the sense of how he stood in there physically far more than others and had Duran backing up for periods of the bout.No bullshit and ripped in some really viscious hooks to the body.

That said Duran showed more early hints of being an all-timer in it in the way he effectively adapted(his movement and sudden rushes were an early hint at the kind of stuff Chang would consistently use a decade later here)and no doubt soundly outworked and in the end outpunched Thompson.

If you were sort of expecting a relatively even, give and take kind of bout i can see where someone would be a bit let down.

It's been a long time since i watched the Cervantes fight.I remember it being a good competitive fight with Antonio up on points at the time it got stopped.

I like Thompson, though there's no doubt he was a very methodical, somewhat lethargic fighter.reminds me of Laporte a bit, i think he would need someone coming straight at him to excel.Someone who would throw enough to wake him up and be one-dimensional enough not to be out of reach when he fires back.
lora is offline  Top