View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #1318
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Regarding Thompson's fight with Duran, i dig his performance, but in the sense of how he stood in there physically far more than others and had Duran backing up for periods of the bout.No bull**** and ripped in some really viscious hooks to the body.

That said Duran showed more early hints of being an all-timer in it in the way he effectively adapted(his movement and sudden rushes were an early hint at the kind of stuff Chang would consistently use a decade later here)and no doubt soundly outworked and in the end outpunched Thompson.

If you were sort of expecting a relatively even, give and take kind of bout i can see where someone would be a bit let down.

It's been a long time since i watched the Cervantes fight.I remember it being a good competitive fight with Antonio up on points at the time it got stopped.

I like Thompson, though there's no doubt he was a very methodical, somewhat lethargic fighter.reminds me of Laporte a bit, i think he would need someone coming straight at him to excel.Someone who would throw enough to wake him up and be one-dimensional enough not to be out of reach when he fires back.
lora is offline  Top