View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #38
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213
Default Re: Who rates higher for you at heavy? Jeffries or Wlad Klitschko?

In a fight under any rules Wlad knocks him out. That primitive boxing would never be effective today no matter who tries to use it, and anyone can be knocked out at heavyweight against a big puncher. Some don't take head to head ability into ATG rankings, so I'm sure an argument can be made for JJ being ranked higher. I don't know much about his career other than that he refused to fight Johnson, but perhaps he was a dominant fighter anyway. I don't know.

Those that think JJ beats Wlad under 1900s rules probably aren't considering how much power Wlad would hit with without padded gloves, or that Wlad could hit his opponents as they are getting to their feet under those same rules. Think about that for a moment. In that respect the first knockdown Wlad scores and that's all she wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
I think you're trolling. No sane person believes that the primitive Jefferies could take on Wladimir Klitschko.

Jefferies wouldn't know what hit him. You see guys with very good head movement failing to get in on top of him. Jim would be reaching, Klitschko would step back and deliver a 250lb jab. Jefferies, with his hand dangling by his waist, throwing horribly off balance, wide punches that an amateur could counter would look laughable trying to hit any good heavyweight from the Louis era onwards.

Are you trying to tell me this guy would beat Wladimir Klitschko?

This man would be laughed out of a gym after being beaten simply by basic boxing skills. It's primitive. It's too old.

I never thought I'd say this, but quite simply, an ATG from 100 years ago will never beat an ATG from today. And you're a clown, mainly for picking every single older fighter over every single modern fighter.
The sparring at 2.10
Squire is offline  Top