View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #65
McGuigan.
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What era do you know most about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
collins had the most padded record thanks to frank ****** of any british prospect ever.

he was on tv virtually every 6 weeks or so ****** saying he will step up next time, then he would get rocked, ****** 4 more gimmee`s then a slight step up and rocked again, 4 more gimmees then rocked again until finally a british title fight and lost twice on the bounce from memory and that was that.

pat cowdell was not a journeyman.

IMO it was the man who ko`d cowdell in 1 round
najib daho a true 20 loss journeyman who would fight anyone and everyone and was a good fighter despite the huge losses on his resume.

he gave all the top fighters of the day a good fight

a man who rocked mcguigan in the 9th at the kings hall-juan laporte best chin by far IMO.

fought a who`s who of ATG feathers/130/135/140 and never even wobbled a fighter not often included in best chins but IMO along with hagler the 2 best chins of this 80`s/90`s/00 era.

yep went 1-1 v eubanks -snaeaky question by myself.

yep poor old proud kilimanjaro
man mountain but slow as treacle
Najib Daho...killed in a car crash was he not. I was standing in the dressing room once and he walked by with his ear almost torn off just after his fight. Strangest thing I've ever seen. He didnt seem too bothered about it!
Barry rocked Juan LaPorte literally in the last 10 seconds of that fight.
Juan Laporte is a great guy though.
McGuigan. is offline  Top