View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: I just watched Arthur v Foster jnr again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Its amazing(no pun intended) when you watch a fight again, without the adrenalin pumping through your veins watching one of your favourite fighters in action live, sometimes its like watching a different fight!
As so much was on the line for the Arthur-Foster fight I watched with the old white knuckles, & to be honest the atmosphere was so charged with the crowd in full voice & Hatton & Harrison prowling around ringside, that the fight almost flew by me.
I think it was the same for Rawling & Woodhall too, as they didnt commentate too well, they were more or less just cheering on every Foster punch, & Woodhall was even calling Rawling 'Steve' when he thought Foster was doing well! He later apologized to Mr Rawling for it though.
It was one of those nights I suppose, but anyway, back to my point.

I watched the fight again, & thought Arthur did really well. It was the usual slow start from the edinburger, but after 3 rounds when Foster was chasing him down & getting success with overhand rights, Arthur got into his rythm & gave Foster jnr a bit of a going over, boxing well behind his jab, & sickening Foster with uppercuts & right & left hooks to the body. Then in the 9th Arthur hurt his man badly with a peach of a left hook to the body, & Foster was done for, only saved by the bell. Then Arthur switched off a bit in the 10th IMO thinking the job was done, & he allowed a game Foster back into the fight.
Then in the 11th Arthur got caught by a looping overhand right, & it was a great punch I have to admit, but Arthur quickly recovered & traded with Foster jnr in the last round to record a win, & it was a great fight.

To be honest after the second viewing I dont think Arthur is weight drained t all, I thought he boxed well & despite the knockdown was a worthy winner of a strong & spirited opponent who fought the fight of his life. As normally hapens with Scotland v England battles they bring out the best in fighters as its a derby & theres so much on the line. Thats when crazy fights happen.
& remember folks, I told you all Foster jnr would be a different animal at super-feather, long before the fight
So it didnt suprise me that Foster jnr gave such a good account of himself, & what a gent he was after the fight, it was great seeing him & Arthur laughing & joking at ringside after the fight, Foster jnr has made me a bit of a fan of his now as he showed class.
Anyway, I suppose what I am trying to say is if the Guzman fight comes off for Arthur, hes got a chance of winning this one. Cos despite a knockdown, Arthur did bloody well in his last fight.
If anyone still has the fight, give it a watch again, & try to ignore the commentators & just watch Alex fighting. I think you will be impressed how he fought despite the slow start. But AAA is infamous for taking 3 rounds to warm into a fight.

Oh & before I go, it was sweet seeing Hatton jumping around with joy at ringside when Arthur got put down, only to have to sit back on his arse again when Alex was OK & went onto win the fight. I missed that first time around
It was funny seeing Farnells big head bobbing their too!

I haven't watched the fight again but I do remember the commentary was a ****ing disgrace

As you said he is infamous for giving away the 1st 3 rounds of a fight and he can't afford to do that against guys like Guzman, why he does it almost every fight I don't know.

As for being weight drained? after the fight I thought he definitely was but when I think back I can't remember weight ever being that big of a concern for Arthur before the Foster Jnr fight. I think the big issue during that fight was Foster gave the performance of his career, and Arthur made his usual slow start.

Arthur strikes me as the kind of guy who the bigger the fight the bigger the performance. I hope it's the case because if the fight with Guzman does come off he would need to fight at a level we haven't seen from him so far.

Is there any news on this fight yet coz the silence from ****** just now is deafening. If ****** doesn't get him this fight then he must leave him. He can look after his golden crop of Welshman just now without any ****ing problems.
TAM83 is offline  Top