Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #102
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: El Puma/Warpuma Chronicles

Tuesday, December 13 2011
Bring Your Running Shoes

It's going to be 45 degrees today, so grab your running shoes and a long sleeved shirt - we may not get another chance to run outside for a while.
WOD: "Michael"
3 Rounds for time of:
800m Run
50 Back extensions (we will be doing 50 straight legged deadlifts instead)
50 Abmat sit-ups

As we burst out the door, a thought came over me as i looked at the two runners ahead of me. They are built and run like Gazelles and I, a puma. Things are as they should be for now. I was no more than 5-6 seconds behind them as we came back into the building. I finished the floor exercises and burst out the door in second behind the last Gazelle.

No more than 4-5 seconds behind him, I run into the building and begin the floor exercises and every now and then, glancing at the Gazelles progress. I burst out the door in first while Akon is blasting in my ear

Akon:]
Hey Hey
I don't care what nobody say
I'm a be me (be me)
Stay hood, stay raised in the streets
(Cause I'm out here grindin')
Ni**as talk about greatness whenever they speak about me (Cause I'm out here grindin')

I burst in the door and yell "TIME!" but apparently I still had one set of floor exercises left

As I am finishing up, I feel this surge in me and burst out the door as my theme song seems to get louder with every hard beat of my heart. As i am coming back to the building, I see no other runner and wonder what the hell is going on..... Turns out I did an extra 800 meter run

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

I smile and collapse to the floor while i hear the Gazelle tell me I am an animal for running an extra set. Hearing the word "animal" reminds me of Hemingway's Leopard and as everyone comments on how much today's session sucked, I laugh as I watch the steam rise off my body and say "That was awesome"

Just over 19 minutes and only 3 other people from all the classes beat me by less than a minute.

"Kilimanjaro is a snow-covered mountain 19,710 feet high, and is said to be the highest mountain in Africa. Its western summit is called by the Masai "Ngāje Ngāi," the House of God. Close to the western summit there is the dried and frozen carcass of a leopard. No one has explained what the leopard was seeking at that altitude."

Every hero needs a theme song...."The Heavy - Short Change Hero"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_bP3GD9fI8[/ame]

Last edited by El Puma; 12-13-2011 at 09:39 PM.
El Puma is offline  Top