View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #18
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Boxing Quotes

Bob Arum, replying to a reporters question. "Yesterday I was lying, today I am telling the truth."

Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts: "To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography and the dancers hit each other."

Bob Arum, after his fighter, Iran Barkley, beat Darrian Van Horn: "If you think Barkley was mad before the fight, wait until he sees how many people are taking part of his purse."

Marlene Bugner, wife of Joe Bugner: "I don't know what impressive is, but Joe was impressive tonight."

Muhammad Ali: "It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am."

Mike Tyson, on fighting Lennox Lewis: "My main objective is to be professional, but to kill him."

Joe Frazier, talking to Ken Norton at a social gathering. Frazier: "Hey man, what you been doing?"; Norton: "My wife just had a baby."; Frazier: "Congratulations! Whose baby is it?"

Mark Kaylor: "I'm concentrating so much I don't know what I'm doing half the time."

Lou Duva, Veteran boxing trainer, on the spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is."

Muhammad Ali, when asked about his golf game: "I'm the best. I just haven't played yet."

Muhammed Ali: "There's nothing wrong with getting knocked down, as long as you get right back up."
justaboxingfan is offline  Top