Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 AM   #9
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most under rated great in each weight class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Fair calls. I am going the angle of Jeff was a great fighter overall instead of singling out particular divisions. I am also looking more at head to head with the underrated criteria. SRL and Arguello barely touched down in the divisions i rate them in here either. I have to be honest, i think Fenech would give all the greats heart attacks at 126, beating many of them. He was like a slightly less skilled Duran, his intensity, strength and determination was unmatched. I'd call it outright ferocity really.
Yep spot on about Fenech.
Fenech was far and away the most fierce fighter I've seen.Even Duran to me looked like he was still in control in the ring whereas Fenech looked to me like he just wanted to kill,and the minute break between rounds was a pain in the arse for him.
I just wish he'd stayed at 126 as he didn't have the body (or hands) to campaign successfully at the higher weights.Once they began to match his strength and he didn't have the power to keep them honest anymore,that's when the rot set in.
A little bit off topic but do you remember Jeff's fight with Daniel Zaragoza John?
I remember it as a very one sided beating and I'm wondering if that's how it went.It was a very good underrated win for Fenech anyway.
young griffo is offline  Top