View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000
Default Chakhiev vs. Kotlobay, Boytsov vs. Wilson & Chagaev vs. Manswell on January 28th

Many questions about this card Universum has around the bend.

There are five pretty notable bouts scheduled:

• Rakim Chakhiev vs. Alexander Kotlobay, 10 rounds @ CW
  • Denis Boytsov vs. Darnell Wilson, 8 rounds @ HW
  • Ruslan Chagaev vs. Kertson Manswell, 8 rounds @ HW
  • Firat Arslan vs. Orlando Farias, 8 rounds @ CW
  • Juergen Braehmer vs. Jose Maria Guerrero, 8 rounds @ LHW

...PLUS a 12-round WBO Euro title bout (Rafael Bejeran vs. TBA, middleweights)

Are all six being televised? If not, which ones are? What is the "main event"? Surely not the obscure Bejeran vs. TBA? Yet, which of the others? They're all mere 8 and 10 rounders. Chakhiev and Boytsov at least have tough opponents. Braehmer and Chagaev don't - but they're bigger names. (ditto Arslan to an extent)

...and where? Boxrec claims it's on Sport1 in Germany, but the website for Sport1 doesn't have any information on the card just a week and a half out. The only boxing card on their entire January broadcast calendar is the one from back on the 7th.
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...WudO9k8RD_Skag

So if not Sport1, where? Is it even being televised?

If it is, what time? These German cards can start anywhere from 3 to 5pm EST (9pm to midnight local time) depending on how long the show is, how much live or tape-delayed undercard they're planning on showing, etc.

I have things to do that evening - probably needing to leave by 5 or 5:30pm EST or so - and am trying to figure out just how much of this it will be possible to see.

Ideally, seeing the four big-boy matches would be awesome. Just the cruisers and heavies. I don't really know Bejeran, and can live without seeing a rusty Braehmer put in rounds against an old Spaniard with a padded record. Out of all of them, I most want to catch Boysov vs. Wilson but it would honestly suck to miss any of the others (either due to them not being aired, or because the card runs too late
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links