View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #1507
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Larry Holmes TKO11 Renaldo Snipes.

I like Snipes. I like his face in the corner between rounds. He looks like he's going to cry. I'm not denigrating him though, this was some brave effort, he came to fight and he almost made it work. That punch in the seventh must have been as hard as Holmes would ever be hit, the Shavers moment aside? It was a really strange KD also, the slow-motions sinking into a kind of half-splits.

I also don't like the talk of Holmes taking Snipes lightly, particularly. His right-hand looked extremely sharp, uppercuts and the right hook coming square off that punch. Snipes was just inspired. Holmes was ready for his "Buster Douglas" moment though, and he has better recovery than Tyson, which made all the difference. He was ready to domnate slightly in the very next round.

Good fight. I got no problem with that stoppage. Snipes was taking that right hand flush, and although Holmes didn't look like he was rushing that's worse, not better. He measured Snipes for every one of those horrible punches. If it had gone on a little, I could have got on board with that, but i've no problem really.
McGrain is online now  Top