Old 02-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Povetkin close to quiting against Chambers

Quote:
Emanuel STEWARD:

I do. I think Marco Huck, first of all Povetkin is a true super heavyweight but not compared to some of the physically big, big guys. I think Huck is a good fighter. I’ve met him a few times and watched him fight. He’s a good boxer and a puncher, but he brings in a very strong mindset. And you know me I go more by the mental makeup of a boxer or the person than I do even the skill level. That’s something that I don’t think Povetkin has had to deal with so much in the past. I know in the fight with Chambers I didn’t understand what was being said in between rounds but I know that Wladimir pointed out to me, because he understands Russian, that at one point in the Chambers fight he was wanting to quit, even in that fight. So being that he may not be that strong mentally, Huck being a confident guy and residing in Germany also means that he will be sharing a lot of that same crowd support that in the past Povetkin didn’t have to share with his opponents for the most part. I think that it’s going to be a very good fight and much more competitive than anyone expects.

I wonder if this is true?
Manning is offline  Top
Sponsored Links