View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #214
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: The all things technical thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkinchance View Post
good point! will have an experiment next time im in the gym. watching toney he does seem to dip more but i seem to rotsate more. will have a try and see what happens. thanks

something i posted in another thread

two orthodoix fighters. get in close until my left shoulder is touching there chest area. try and throw something with the left to body to get them leaning forward. or just push with shoulder so they push back. then pull back my left shoulder which leaves a nice slot to whip the right uppercut thriugh the guard. works a treat.

the more sideways you are the easier it seems to be to disguise. throw plenty left hooks to distract and not thinking of right hand then boom!!!!
The good thing about the style is that you can also afford lean back slightly to make guys overcommit and then slip, roll and counter punches. That's why I like to pratice it so much in the gym, if you understand WHY you're doing it, it is very effective

The angles that you can present without having to expend a great deal of energy with this style is amazing.
Jdsm is offline  Top