View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #814
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The all things technical thread.

Something you don't see often now is 'change ups'. Change ups are basically varying the look and speed of your punches. I think this is something a lot of young fighters struggle to do. They fight at the same pace all the time. We see this so often. There's also a lot of quantity over quality. Not enough efficientcy. Some fighters could improve their performances immeasurably if they just threw their punches at a different pace and rhythm and not make their punching patterns so predictable. I've seen some so called elite fighters throwing the same combinations at the same pace everytime it's ridiculous. Amir Khan is the prime example of this. I'm always shouting at the television for him to take something off your shots, surpise your opponent and act like you've been there before young man. This is one of the reason's one could make Peterson the favourite over Khan in the rematch. He's now used to his punching pattern even more. Constantly fast pace.

Does anyone remember Francisco Bojado? He threw great change ups. What a waste of talent.
slip&counter is offline  Top