View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #32
gentleman jim
gentleman jim
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Hagler v Leonard Thoughts?

It was close but I thought Hagler took it with no worse than a draw. it's just too bad that Marvin and Ray never fought when they were in thier prime. What a great fight it would've been. Leonard played it smart though and waited until he thought it was safe to challenge Hagler. After Hagler's fight with Mugabi Ray knew then he had a chance because it was evident that Hagler had slipped quite a bit. Still I feel that Hagler did enough to retain his title. It was no great secret that evryone there that night was pulling for Leonard and the judges were swayed by the crowd (I'm getting angry again). If we apply the same crieria to Hagler/Antuofermo I that was applied to Hagler/Leonard, then Marvin shoudl've won the title against Vito that night. Hagler won that fight more decisively than Ray did against Marvin but could only get a draw from those nearsighted judges. If that's the case then Ray should've got a draw as well. Crazy logic perhaps but what do you want from a big Hagler fan....from new England no less.
gentleman jim is offline  Top