View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #1786
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Jose Bonilla UD12 Saen Sor Ploechit

This is the end of Ploechit's WBA fly reign, Bonilla just slightly better on my card though I do believe it could have gone the other way. Bonilla is a rare sort of flyweight, stocky with short arms, there's no real stretch to him and he's very short of range here. He makes a lovely adjustment though, and although he continues to box Ploechit going away he makes sure to throw a LOT of punches whenever the two are in close, which is often. This ploy allows him to take advantage of Ploechit's general are of disorganisation and inaccuracy. He missed a lot of punches although I thought he actually looks better here than he did against Kim.

Anyway, once they settle down they throw in a right ding-dong, Saen Sor hoping that the volume and his slender superiority in out-boxing will get him there, and it looks like it might as Bonilla starts to fade just a tiny bit down the stretch letting him back into a fight he was steadily being shut out of. Entertaining if not electrifying stuff.

Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Bonilla, limited but smart fighter, he throws this short little jab into the mix whenever he is combination punching and I just had a sense that it was purely for the judges benefit as it rocked Ploechit's head back without doing any real damage. He threw it going away occasionally too.

SAEN SOR PLOECHIT: 1,2,3,9,11
JOSE BONILLA: 4,5,6,7,8,10,12

7-5 BONILLA
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links