View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #61
Trickster
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Joe Gallagher dangerous....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I think it was still a 50-50 fight. Derry was tiring and getting hurt, Crolla was getting more ragged and could clearly be wobbled. It was shaping up to be a thrilling battle and the stoppage completely ruined it. It took a lot of the shine off of Derry's excellent showing.
This is an important point that many will miss. As much as Crolla will feel hard done by, it robbed Derry of the chance to win the fight legitimately and without controversy. He may well have gone on to stop Crolla properly shortly after and would have been given his dues but we'll never know.

I wanted Crolla to win because he's become one of my favourite domestic fighters since he moved to Hatton, I thought he'd win convincingly too so fair play to Derry for that performance. Didn't think he had it in him at this stage so he deserves a lot of credit. As for Crolla, he needs to have a serious look at his training now because he seems to have abandoned what was a very nice style to watch in favour of the Gallagher style, it will get him nowhere and I hope he puts a stop to it before it ruins his career.
Trickster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links