View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #158
freelaw
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs Chisora confirmed this summer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
From a risk/reward standpoint, I just don't see it. Haye can get attention and money whenever he wants it with far more vulnerable guys with far more glowing records. This guy made an event out of Audley Harrison! Why fight a guy who has a 15-3 record, officially losing three of his three big fights (Despite obviously getting robbed once)?

One who has shown to be a loose cannon outside the ring, and a very sturdy chin inside the ring, who likes to fight in a way that Haye doesn't? One who does everything to sabotage fights by ignoring contract stipulations, biting, kissing, slapping, spitting, etc? I am very interested in the fight, actually, but if someone asked me yesterday if a Chisora match would not only tempt Haye but tempt him out of retirement, I'd say "I seriously doubt that."

If it happens, that's great, I guess. But, it does make me wonder what Haye's thinking about. Chisora is like the heavyweight version of Sakio Bika, with more likelihood of an out-of-the-ring confrontation. He's a dirty, awkward, tough-as-nails SOB who is very beatable but dangerous. And a win over him simply isn't regarded much, for all the trouble he may be worth.
It will be huge in UK. Huge money, attention, publicity because of the brawl they had - that's just how it works - Chisora may be a loose cannon but he has made the name for himself, good or bad. I'd say that outside Vitali, he's the biggest cash/attention cow for Haye at the moment.
freelaw is offline  Top