Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Excuses from Mr Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
The sad thing all those in the struggle of life, whether it be being poor or having illnesses this guy made these people believe. Believe that you could some how drag yourself through the adversity that day to day life brings and become somebody. Be a champion, become a boss, become rich.

Now those people who believed it could be done will now look and lose the faith in fairytale stories like his. He's also ruined the chance to make millions after his career because that was some story from homeless kid to world champion. Now he'll be looked at as nothing more then a cheat.

I don't dislike the man but can't help but feel let down by him..
It is a shame if Peterson is proven to have takes PED's before the first Khan fight and it tarnishes his story without doubt. And I'm sure it will be a kick in the teeth to the people in his community who respected and looked up to him when he became champion. But I doubt people struggling in a similar position here in Britain or likely in most parts of the US will have even heard of Peterson and know who he is, such is the fall of Boxing from mainstream news.
JFT96 is offline  Top