Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #34
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brook/Jones Proksa/Hope II Rees/Matthews II 7th July

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
I didn't mention the first fight in that post because I didn't really take a great deal from it when picking Mathews. I only brought it up when that other poster made the stupid suggestion that Rees is a massive favourite vs Mathews- which based on what we saw first time around, he isn't. Maybe your looking too much into Rees in the 3rd round, people have dominated in one round before and ended up losing? Crolla looked like he was coming on strong vs Derry but he managed to turn it around there.

All I'm saying is that I think this fight is a close one. I think it's quite reasonable to make Rees favourite and to think he is going to win but on the other end of the scale, it's also fair enough to think that Mathews has a decent opportunity too. Which I'm hoping he will be able to do.
You're the epitome of what I've said for a while here; that Derry is ridiculously overrated.

I'll repeat what I've said in previous threads:

Rees - former 'World' champ at LWW, European champ at LW, former British champ at LW, prizefighter winner. Lost once against a world class LWW who also had an Olympic silver.

Mathews - British champ at LW. Has been stopped 6 times at LW and lower.

Its a complete mismatch.

Yes, Crolla was an excellent result for him; but he's only given so much credit because he was such a big underdog and not because Crolla was come kind of top class operator.

Mathews is very vulnerable but does have a dig. I don't buy that he has this great 'heart' either, not after six stoppages.

"Retard" - good one
Lilo is offline  Top