Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #36
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brook/Jones Proksa/Hope II Rees/Matthews II 7th July

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
OK let's look at all the stats then if you're so keen to bring them up. Who has Rees beaten who is better than Derry in his career? M'Baye obviously and I'd say Mezaache, being away from home too, are definites. But Murray? Watson? I don't think so. And I'm dismissing his Prizefighter wins here because, although at times fun to watch, to include that as a major prize when talking about a fighter is very misleading IMO.

Mathews meanwhile has shown his clear quality and boxing skills throughout his career and that was the point I originally made which you seemed to take issue with. Obviously, he has terrible punch resistance and that's what's held his career back but that doesn't detract from his boxing ability. Having a great chin is a blessing, not a skill you know.

Anyway, you seem to be in the minority in saying that it's a "complete mismatch" and the eveidence of the first time round, although not conclusive in any way, would seem to indicate that you are wrong too. If Rees was so clearly miles ahead of Derry, I'd have thought he'd have got him out of there within 4.
Well you seem to rate Derry so highly, I'm inclined to say that Rees hasn't beaten anyone better than Derry Yeah you've named two, I'd say Murray is better and I'm not allowed any from PF so there you have it.

Convenient of you to disregard Prizefighter aswell...but for the record Rees won at LWW and Derry was stopped (again) at SFW. Irrelevant, I know.

Anyhoo

You say he's showed "quality and skills" but at what level? Rees has shown better quality, skills and punch resistance at a higer level AND weight.

It is a mismatch based on levels, its irrefutable. Rees has mixed (briefly) at world level, currently at Euro. Derry has been stopped at Brit level many times.

The fact I'm "in the minority" is the point I'm making; that Derry is waaay overrated.

Perhaps I'm just a retard though
Lilo is offline  Top