Old 05-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #40
zeppelin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan fight is off!

Khan on Peterson today:

Quote:
Khan said he was stunned by Peterson's strength. "He could have destroyed my career. If I wasn't fit and strong and had the boxing skills… I might never have been the same again. It was back and forth, we were both hitting other so hard, even though I wasn't hurt.

"He was so strong. Now we know why. I've seen him fight numerous times but when I was hitting him, he just wasn't going back. [Marcos] Maidana, I hit him and he went back, Zab Judah too. I hit hard for a light-welterweight. After the first round, when he was down twice, I thought, 'Not many fighters would get up from that.' But he recovered so quickly.

"In the ninth round he got caught with another good shot, then I hit him with another good combination and I just couldn't finish him. If he wasn't on anything I think I would have knocked him out in that fight.

"In rounds 10 and 11, he was running from one corner to the other corner, because I was moving away from him – and that's what testosterone does to you. It gives you that fire. Previous fights, he's never fought like that.
zeppelin is offline  Top