View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Your top Ten P4P ranked on seeing actual fight footage

As the stipulation you've made is to have seen at least ten matches in their entirety of each fighter listed, I'm not sure I could generate a top ten P4P ranking by virtue of having viewed a minimum of 100 filmed bouts. This will be a fantastically daunting task for all but the most hardcore boxing fans.

I have seen Robinson/Fusari. It was many years ago, but yes, Robby's final World WW Title defense in 1950 is on film (and probably locked up in ESPN's vault today; I saw it at a time when Jimmy Jacobs was still alive, before the Cayton/Jacobs collection was handed over to ESPN, and I would imagine that the footage I saw on televison was owned by them).

SRR took 13 of the 15 rounds against Fusari, a genuinely tough Sicilian who was outpointing Rocky Graziano entering their tenth and final round (with Fusari fighting the 159 pound Graziano while at the welterweight limit!)

However, that's only one film of Robby boxing as a welterweight, and you are requiring ten. That's a task which may be beyond me, but I'll reminisce on it, and deliberate carefully before deciding whether or not I can meet your requirement.

(I suspect what you might really be trying to do is date the lot of us!)
Duodenum is offline  Top