Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: JDS v Velasquez II

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Totus ,

I happen to agree with that bottom match up , id like to see Werdum fight dos Santos should he get past Russow , reason being , id like to see Velasquez actually have to fight for a win , and not maul and man handle somebody with ease which is what he seems to do everybody , dos Santos not included of course , if Barnett does indeed join the UFC (which obviously he won't) then Cain Barnett would be the fight id want most , failing that give Miocic a crack !!!

Even though it looks like dos Santos Velasquez 2 is imminent , i feel its a little wrong to just give Velasquez another crack at a fight he lost so decisively last time out
I'd imagine the UFC's perspective is two fold. One Velasquez is much more marketable than Werdum and two he did do them a favour not pulling out of the FOX fight when he went down with an injury.

Also everyone pitching Cormier for JDS or Barnett for Velasquez is overlooking that both men jacked their hands last Saturday and so won't be available to fight for a long time. And at least Cormier, HAS to have his next fight in Strikeforce.
Will Cooling is offline  Top