Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Rate Froch as a finisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Kindof hard to finish spoilers who like to run and slip and slide around the ring, but if someone wants to bang and trade.....they better have his chin.

Bute made an amatuer mistake that night thinking b/c he had equal power to Froch that his unequal chin could bear the fight in the trenches.
for sure but the thing is even when the fight was on the outside he was having problems getting off. His southpaw jab is average at best and with froch having quite a big reach advantage I could see how bute was going to have trouble on the outside too. His defence from frochs right hand was non-existent. Froch also showed he could effectively block butes uppercut to the body.

Overall i think that he would have sustained a beating if he boxed on the outside. Leaving him with the option of taking a shot to land one, something he is obviously not durable enough to do. He said as much in his thoroughly honest interview, that he tried to lure froch in to try and counter him on the ropes but he couldn't do it.

Fairplay to him, he has loads of class as a person it seems..

I gave froch an 8 for finishing.
dendy is offline  Top