View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #32
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Are there parallels between the Bute vs Froch fight & Haye vs Chisora

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazeNation View Post
I don't know about a Froch vs Bute parallel,

But there is a stylistic possibility that Chisora may have something Haye hasn't seen since Fragomeni.

Haye had a lot of trouble with a come forward, non stop but very limited in terms of skill opponent in Fragomeni. Even Mormeck who was getting on in years dropped Haye and was giving him trouble when he pressed on.

Haye hasn't fought a come forward fighter at heavyweight, Ruiz is probably the closest to that and he was almost 40 years old.

Haye is better than Chisora, no doubt. But if I had to fight Haye, I would want elements of Chisora's style.
Fragomeni looks like SRL compared to Chisora. Fragomeni has a very good amateur pedigree and has decent footwork and knows how to cut down the ring. Chisora just doesn't. Chisora comes forward... literally.... no lateral movement, looks like he's stuck in quick sand.

Mormeck was a big punching CW who had beaten the unified CW champ earlier that year.

Even that version of Ruiz had quicker feet, hands and better use of the jab than Chisora. Ruiz was also being billed as a tough chinned HW before that fight and look how that one turned out
suckeggs is offline  Top