View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #33
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: the future of british boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatulent_bob View Post
But surely that's the point of a forum where you can discuss aspects of interest on which you don't necessarily agree?

Do you think Box Nation has the backers to run for the next 2-3 years making a loss?
Also don't you consider the reaction from some of his stable since the migration over to this channel to be a significant risk in the short term?
Yeah, and that's all I'm doing. But the internet seems to create a tsunami of:

OMG! WTF! DIZ WILL NEVA WORK! LOLZ!

There were posters, like leforge, who basically derided it from the second it existed. That's daft when, on the whole, it puts more boxing in reach. How could that be a bad thing?

The argument was that it took more boxing from Sky, but it doesn't seem to want more boxing.

If Frank is failing to pay his stable (and we've never had that verified by any legitimate source), then they are within their rights to tell him to get ****ed. It's shameful.

I don't believe BoxNation is an issue, I think that some fighters (like DeGale) are just ****ed off in general. He's a primadonna anyway, and sells next to no tickets. No big loss.

But Bellew is a different case. I'm not sure whether it's Frank's reluctance to get him a Cleverley rematch (even though he didn't deserve the first one, IMO), or just being a bit of a drama-queen - but that's a genuine loss to Frank.
dftaylor is offline  Top