Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 AM   #212
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
I'm surprised you read it that way, as it's written up it's the most farcical title maneuvering you'll ever see. I think my putting "injured" in quotes threw you off. He may or may not have been injured, I get the impression he had no interest in fighting in Equatorial Guinea. For good reasons:

1. he's the champ, HNN not even mandatory with wbo. If he wants a fight, go to Russia or put together a sweet package for France
2. it was a bogus offer, as you'd suspect, and as it turned out
3. Equatorial Guinea, really?
lol actually ya it was the "injured" part that gave me that impression. These orgs in the last 3 years or so with interm's, super champs, silver belts have taken their raping of the integrity of the sport to a whole new level. It really is about protecting money makers pure and simple.

Guys like Chavez or Sturm who have a good fan base and bring in tv viewers are allowed to duck compitition, avoid mandatories or given undeserved title shots like HNN. Its even worse when they're willing to **** up a Unification like Pirog Geale which would actually be good for the sport in the process,
Vysotsky is offline  Top